Lemon Spinach Chicken Pasta
One of my favorite light pasta dishes. It reminds me of chicken piccata but without the butter. A great dish for fellow lemon lovers.
4 to 5 pieces of chicken tenderloin
1 lb pasta
1 bunch spinach
2 cloves garlic
3/4 cup white wine
1 can low sodium chicken broth
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Boil and drain pasta noodles.
- Cut chicken into bit sized pieces and lightly season with garlic salt
- In a pan, brown the chicken in a little oil
- When the chicken is cooked and the pieces stuck to the bottom of the pan turn brown, pour in the white wine.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and let the wine reduce by half.
- Add in the pasta along with the spinach and can of low sodium chicken broth. Reduce the liquid for about 5 more minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the lemon juice. Toss to combine.
Just about everyone I know would use a dry white wine for this recipe. I’m sure that tastes good but what I always use is a fruity white wine, usually a young Riesling. I find that this heightens the fruity, citrus flavor of this pasta.