Salmon Skin Salad and Sushi
Whenever I go to Yanagi Sushi I have to order one of two things along with my dinner, salmon skin roll or salmon skin salad. If I want to be healthier I order the salad but if I am really hungry, as I often am, I order both.
As you can see the salmon skin roll is done inside out style with more salmon than skin, slivers of sweet onion, and lots of daikon sprouts. I like to alternate dipping the salmon skin roll in wasabi and soy sauce or lemon and soy sauce. Both sauces give the sushi a distinct flavor that I love.
The picture above is the salmon skin salad. It is pretty big if you are eating it as an appetizer opposed to dinner. I usually share this so that I have room to eat everything else.
It is basically a healthier version of the salmon skin roll. It has the same ingredients except the rice and comes with a very refreshing ponzu sauce dressing.
Address: 762 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 597-1525
Make your own salmon skin salad
1 package daikon sprouts
1 small can salmon or small boneless salmon fillet
1/2 sweet onion (Maui, Vidalia, etc.)
6 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Cut off the roots from the daikon sprouts and rinse.
- Cut the onion into thin slivers.
- If you are using a salmon fillet, broil it in the oven until it is cooked medium rare to medium and the skin is crispy.
- If you are using canned salmon simply flake into pieces.
- Combine the salmon with daikon sprouts and onion.
- Dress with a mix of soy sauce and lemon juice.